Saturday, July 7, 2007

Finished the Collage and Two Things I am not Proud of...


I finised the collage for my baby cousin. I was so happy with the way it turned out! I am struggling with how to mount it and then mail to to CA. I probably should have thought about the mailing before I used so much beeswax! There really is nothing more fun then dipping things in hot wax! So here it is...There is really cool hand marbled vintage paper underneath, some old beads--metal and glass, one of my fabric beads, some homemade paper with mint leaves, hand dipped string and stick as well as shells and an old dictionary definition for "son" which lies between Somnalent or sleep and sonnant...it is the "Sleep Son Sonnant"!


and the two things I am not proud of...
1. I went to Hobby Lobby. Does not sound like a big deal right??? Well, our Hobby Lobby contributes to Fred "God Hates Fags" Phelps in Topeka. A person, ideology and movement I am COMPLETELY opposed to. Lots of people I know will not shop at Hobby Lobby for this reason. The problem is--they have most of the things I need and I know where things are. We have a Michael's but is much smaller and strangely organized and crowded. Sometimes, stores make me feel anxious when I walk in the door--and I LOVE to show--but Michael's makes me feel anxious. So I always feel guilty going to HL but I like the selection.
and
2. I bought decorative paper! I rarely do this. I believe there is enough paper in the world in junk mail, newspaper, magazines, books etc. that I can create my own decorative papers BUT these were SO pretty and 50% off! Did I mention that I am cheap???? I am actually going to frame them in some fashion for my living room and kitchen. One of them looked like an old want ad that was sponge painted over! So simple!
So these are the things I am not proud of that I did today--heavy sigh...always striving for perfection but never making it!

No comments: