Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Beading Class!

I have a beading class in a little bit at Michael's. I need some help to string all the little buggers together. I am excited to see what I come up with!
I finally have my baby cousin's package together! I had a hard time mounting the collage and finally settled on a clear acrylic frame, a black matte board, felt and E-6000. Thank you Judy Kellas for the frame suggestion (http://www.geerkellas.com/) she is an amazing local artist that so kindly gave me framing tips and offered to help me learn to frame! She definately rocks!






Here is a picture of how it turned out. It is passable and will work but not perfect--
I used an acrylic box frame, I don't remember what they are called but they have a white cardboard box insert. I played with the box to use it for the backing with really bad results! So I used a black matte, I wanted the back of the collage to show since I used an 1890's book cover. Then I took 4 pieces of felt and E-6000 adhesive and sort of suspended the collages in the frame. I don't love it but it will work and if she wants to change the frame to a shadow box at some point it will be a piece of cake!
I also included the sling:
and the first baby blanket I ever completed!
Good news this morning that baby cousin's baby is on the way. She went to the hospital this morning! I am so excited!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey honey enjoyed reading your blog entry. I had no idea you were into that artsy stuff. Pleased you also enjoy sharing by writing. Keep it up. u/jay