Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Art Endeavors of the Day





I went to Borders to day to read the final installment in the Manga epic "Death Note". I am not usually a manga reader but my son got me into it and we have plowed through 11 of these books and were eagerly anticipating the cliffhanging conclusion that was realeased today! It was good but left some unanswered questions for me.



I also perused the new edition of "Cloth, Paper, Scissors". There were some really cool paper beads with embossing powered and a heat gun. It sounded really complicated but looked really cool. I have been making cloth beads by rolling strips of fabric around a pencil with fabric glue, then wrapping some fibers around the bead. I made several of them like this then today I told them out and wrapped wire and small beads around them to finish them off. They are really pretty but I am not sure how to proceed now!

I got this idea from http://www.scn.org/arts/pnnag/0203fab-beads/fab-beads.htm

I am taking a beading class next week to learn about findings and basics of handling wire. I really like playing with wire. I was also crocheting with 28 gauge craft wire with mixed results.

My friend Annola is a textile artist and I ran into her at the library and we talked about starting an art guild to share our passion. I told her about my art obsessions and how I get possessed with ideas and she compared it to a "download from the mothership". I like that and can totally relate!

No comments: